So it seems I’ve been nominated for a Liebster award. Thanks, RobynBlue! That’s pretty neat! I don’t think I’ve been nominated for a blog award on TWN before.
Per the rules, here are all the elevensies required of nominees.
FACTS ABOUT YOURS TRULY:
1. I was a huge fan of My Little Pony before it was cool.
3. My three favorite ponies are Wind Whistler, Gusty, and Lofty. (Wind Whistler being something of the Twilight Sparkle of that group due to her highly-evolved education.)
4. I love hating on Jurassic Park. Usually I can let these things go, but that movie is special!
5. I loved She-Ra as a kid, but couldn’t stand He-Man. And yes, it’s because one was clearly “for girls” and the other “for boys”.
6. Per #5, no one taught me this in my family; it’s just something I came up with all on my own.
7. Despite what folks say who knew me in college, I’m actually an introvert and pretty shy when it comes to meeting new people.
8. I was on Prozac during my first year at university (third year overall in college.)
9. I went to community college for the first two years of my post-high school education.
10. I’m going back to college this summer, 12 years after graduating the first time.
11. I’m pretty nervous about #10.
ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS
1. If you were a bean, what kind of bean would you be?
A mysterious jellybean of indeterminate flavor.
2. What is your favourite thing to do on a Saturday morning?
Either sleeping, watching ’80s cartoons with my sweetie, or going to yard sales.
3. What are your three favourite fruits?
Mango, sweet strawberries, navel oranges. (Yes, I know one of those is technically a berry. Shut up. 😛 )
4. What do you lie about?
Wouldn’t YOU like to know? 😉
5. What is your specialty?
I can make a mean fried rice!
6. Who is your nemesis?
Ornery technology. And heavy traffic.
7. What gives you the inspiration to blog?
The voices in my head need somewhere to roam free.
8. What are you running from?
The insane asylum. Sanity is one of my top priorities. Top three, at the very least.
9. What is your middle name?
Your MOM has a middle name! (No, but seriously, there’s a reason I use a pseudonym here.)
10. What is your ultimate all time favourite song, and why?
There’s too much good music in the world to be tied down to just one song, but when I was at university and suffering from unrequited crushes (which seemed to happen a lot more than I would have liked) I would listen to the following song over and over…and over…and over. Nearly drove my roommate nuts.
11. Where do you find joy?
Depends on my mood, but I’m most content writing in a coffee shop; sometimes I like being among people without interacting with them.
These are some fantastic people who need a little more exposure themselves.
Montgomery Public Library (Remember to give your local library some love!)
QUESTIONS FOR THE NOMINEES
1. What….is your favorite color?
2. What….is the average land speed of a laden swallow?
3. Who do you love?
4. Who would you stab with a spoon (because it would hurt more)?
5. Who is your favorite artist (author, painter, photographer, director, etc.)?
6. What was your favorite toy growing up?
7. What television show do you never miss?
8. If you could live anywhere, anytime, where and when would you choose?
9. What is your favorite restaurant?
10. Do you believe in ghosts? Why or why not?
11. Do you prefer funerals or weddings?
If I win, then I get to display the shiny ribbon below on my blog.
Good luck to all nominees!